Yeomans and Chicago is one of the oldest and most respected manufacturers of solids handling pumps, comminutors, and grinders. Yeomans and Chicago has a product to handle a wide variety of municipal sewage applications.
The Yeomans and Chicago product lines includes:
- Dry-Pit Centrifugal Sewage Pumps: These pumps are available in sizes ranging from 4" to 12", and can be configured either horizontally or vertically. They can be driven by motors that are close-coupled, pedestal mounted, or by an extended shaft arrangement with the motor mounted remotely.
- Dry-Pit Vortex Impeller Pumps: These pumps have a multi-vaned semi-open recessed impeller which allows solids to pass through the pump without actually passing through the impeller.
- Scru-Peller® Sludge Pump: This pump is especially effective at handling extremely difficult solids, stringy materials and sludge through the employment of a two flight screw conveyor which carries the material into the impeller.
- Chicago Pump® Comminutor: Originating over 50 years ago, this unit was developed for the in-line screening and cutting of coarse entrained sewage solids.
- Sewer Chewer™and Channel Chewer™: These units provide an effective and reliable solution for the reduction of solids in a wastewater stream. Offering models for both in-line and channel mounting are available. These units have a counter rotating dual shaft design with unique hardened cutters (patent pending).